Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A modified version of a Rachael Ray treat!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 small white onion, finely diced
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons raisins, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated parmigiano or 3 tablespoons romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup spinach
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Mix meat and next 10 ingredients as if you were making meatloaf.
- Flatten meat out on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet into a thin layer: 1/2-inch thick, 12 inches long by 6 to 8 inches wide.
- Cover meat with spinach, prosciutto and cheese then roll the meat, using the waxed paper to help roll up into a large log, working across the 6 to 8-inch side, resulting in a 12-inch long log.
- Drizzle the log with extra-virgin olive oil to coat lightly.
- Freeze and thaw, then roast meatroll 20 minutes at 450°.
- Cut into 1-inch slices, 3 pieces per portion, and serve.
- Make pasta while meat is in the oven.