1/2 Photos of Rolled Marshmallow Fondant
This is a fast and easy recipe for fondant. Also tastes better and is cheaper than store bought.
My Private Note
10 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt marshmallows and 2 tbs. of water in microwave or double boiler. (Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until the marshmallow is melted. Usually a total of 1 minute.).
- 2Mix ¾ of the powder sugar with the melted marshmallow.
- 3Grease your hands with Crisco and knead the mixture, gradually adding the remaining sugar for at least 8 minutes.
- 4You can add food coloring at this point. Working it in the mixture.
- 5You may refrigerate, double wrapped in plastic for weeks if you want, when ready to use just reheat in microwave for about 10-20 seconds. DO NOT FREEZE Fondant.
- 6Your cake must be completely cooled, add a thick coating of icing to the cake. (gives a smooth finsh and helps fondand to adhere to the cake. Figure what size you need to cover your cake. (9 inch cake with 3 inch sides 3+9+3=15 plus 1 for extra so you need a 16 inch circle cut.).
- 7Do not store cake in refrigerator once the fondant is placed on cake. Moisture will destroy the surface. Store in a sealed container.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rolled Marshmallow Fondant
Serving Size: 1 (1393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2491.3
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 192.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 638.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 575.2 g
- Protein 4.1 g