This is a fast and easy recipe for fondant. Also tastes better and is cheaper than store bought.
Make and share this Rolled Marshmallow Fondant recipe from Food.com.
- Melt marshmallows and 2 tbs. of water in microwave or double boiler. (Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until the marshmallow is melted. Usually a total of 1 minute.).
- Mix ¾ of the powder sugar with the melted marshmallow.
- Grease your hands with Crisco and knead the mixture, gradually adding the remaining sugar for at least 8 minutes.
- You can add food coloring at this point. Working it in the mixture.
- You may refrigerate, double wrapped in plastic for weeks if you want, when ready to use just reheat in microwave for about 10-20 seconds. DO NOT FREEZE Fondant.
- Your cake must be completely cooled, add a thick coating of icing to the cake. (gives a smooth finsh and helps fondand to adhere to the cake. Figure what size you need to cover your cake. (9 inch cake with 3 inch sides 3+9+3=15 plus 1 for extra so you need a 16 inch circle cut.).
- Do not store cake in refrigerator once the fondant is placed on cake. Moisture will destroy the surface. Store in a sealed container.
Be afraid. Be very afraid...cuz I seriously doubt you can out-Trick-or-Treat me! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!