- 1 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup granulated maple sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together the shortening and sugars. Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt, and add this combination to the first mixture.
- Mix and chill thoroughly.
- Roll out the dough on a sugared board and cut it with cookie cutters.
- Bake the cookies on a greased cookie sheet at 350°F for 10 minutes.