Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this from Cooks.com. Posted on request by Akikobay, for a rolled carrot cookies instead of drop type. Prep type includes chill time. Yield is a guess.
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 -8 carrots, grated and then chopped (food processors make this a bit easier)
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- honey (recipe did not state how much, 1 cup is my guess as there is no sugar in the recipe)
- Combine honey, egg, oil, cinnamon and carrots in a large bowl.
- Combine flour and baking powder; add to carrot mixture.
- Mix together.
- Dough will be stiff.
- Chill at least 1 hour before rolling dough to 1/8- 1/4 inch thick and cutting out your favorite shapes with floured cookie cutters or knives.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly browned.
- Cool on rack before storing.
The only thing this recipe has going for it is the ingredients are healthy. I added 1/2 t. more cinnamon in hope of more flavor, but the dough is so much like bread dough, that it was very hard to "cut out" cookies. At the end, I spread rolled out dough with butter, added cinnamon and sugar and rolled it up like cinnamon rolls. The "rolls" look great, have a little better flavor, but still seem like bread. Nice try, but no cigar!