1/28 Photos of Rolled fondant
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water (replace 2 tablespoons water with vanilla, rosewater, orange flower water or freshly squeezed lemon j)
- 1/2 cup liquid glucose or 9 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon glycerin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 8 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 -3 drops liquid food coloring, if desired (optional)
- 1Sprinkle gelatin over the water in a 2-cup heatproof glass measure and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2Set into a small pan of simmering water and stir until the gelatin is dissolved.
- 3(This can be done in a microwave on high for a few seconds).
- 4Blend in the glucose and glycerin, then add the shortening and stir until melted.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Place the sugar in a bowl and make a well in the center.
- 7Add the gelatin mixture and stir with a lightly greased wooden spoon until blended.
- 8Mix lightly with greased hand and knead vigorously in the bowl until most of the sugar is incorporated.
- 9Turn onto a smooth, lightly greased surface such as Formica or marble and knead until smooth and satiny.
- 10If the Fondant seems dry, add several drops of water and knead well.
- 11If it seems too sticky, knead in more powdered sugar.
- 12The Fondant will resemble a smooth, well-shaped stone.
- 13When dropped, it should spread very slightly but retain its shape.
- 14It should be malleable like clay, soft but not sticky.
- 15Rolled Fondant may be used at once but seems to work more easily when allowed to rest for several hours.
- 16It is important to keep Fondant covered to prevent it from drying.
- 17Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and place in an airtight container.
- 18It will firm slightly upon standing.
- 19When ready to roll out, spray the work surface and rolling pin with nonstick vegetable spray.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rolled fondant
Serving Size: 1 (1054 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3984.1
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 24.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 956.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 939.9 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: