1/3 Photos of Rolled Flank Steak
2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 45 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 400º.
- 2In a small sauce pan cover the garlic cloves with water and simmer until softened- about 20 minutes; add more water if necessary.
- 3Drain and let cool.
- 4Combine softened garlic, croutons, parsley, salt and olive oil a small bowl or mortar and crush ingredients till a coarse paste is formed.
- 5Spoon paste on top of flank steak.
- 6Roll steak with the grain (lengthwise) and tie approximately every 2 inches with kitchen string to hold position of roll.
- 7(Steak will look similar to a jelly roll with the garlic and crouton mixture inside the roll.) Melt butter in skillet and sauté the steak on all sides till lightly brown.
- 8Place steak in oven-proof pan and bake in 400º oven for 10 minutes.
- 9Reduce heat to 225º and continue roasting for approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- 10To serve- slice the flank steak across the grain in approximately two inch rounds, remove strings, and drizzle lightly with olive oil if desired.
- 11Garnish each round with parsley.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rolled Flank Steak
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.4
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 130.9 mg
- Sodium 513.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 37.8 g