Cook1 hr 45 mins
Make and share this Rolled Flank Steak recipe from Food.com.
- Pre-heat oven to 400º.
- In a small sauce pan cover the garlic cloves with water and simmer until softened- about 20 minutes; add more water if necessary.
- Drain and let cool.
- Combine softened garlic, croutons, parsley, salt and olive oil a small bowl or mortar and crush ingredients till a coarse paste is formed.
- Spoon paste on top of flank steak.
- Roll steak with the grain (lengthwise) and tie approximately every 2 inches with kitchen string to hold position of roll.
- (Steak will look similar to a jelly roll with the garlic and crouton mixture inside the roll.) Melt butter in skillet and sauté the steak on all sides till lightly brown.
- Place steak in oven-proof pan and bake in 400º oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 225º and continue roasting for approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- To serve- slice the flank steak across the grain in approximately two inch rounds, remove strings, and drizzle lightly with olive oil if desired.
- Garnish each round with parsley.