Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
An easy and quick fish dish to make for family or company.
- 2 lbs sole fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 slices bread, crumbed
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter
- fresh parsley (to garnish)
- lemon wedge (to garnish)
- Wipe each filet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle cheese and onion on each filet. Roll jelly-roll style and secure with a toothpick.
- Dip each rolled filet in egg and water wash. Coat with bread crumbs.
- Place in a well-buttered dish. Pour melted butter over top and bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Place under broiler until bread crumbs brown, 1-2 minutes.
- Serve garnished with parsley and lemon wedges.
I was looking for a recipe to use some sole (which we had never had b4). This was simple, except that we couldn't roll it. I did use gluten free baking mix for the bread crumbs and Earth Balance. I layered the sole with a little green onion and cheese on the tops of each layer. Then sprinkled w/margarine. My 8 yo even helped and it turned out really good. I would make this again, even with another white fish.