Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is the basic recipe for rolled deviled eggs, please adjust any seasonings that you prefer. This recipe is changeable to suit anyone's preference. As you can see I listed the eggs and bacon as precooked, this isn't included in the cook time. The cook time included is the chill time.
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 3 slices bacon, fried drained and crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- white pepper
- 3⁄4-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- black olives, chopped (optional)
- sweet gherkin, chopped (optional)
- pimiento, chopped (optional)
- walnuts, chopped (or any nut of your choosing) (optional)
- celery, chopped (optional)
- grapes, chopped (optional)
- apple, chopped (optional)
- Prepare a baking sheet lined with foil.
- In a bowl; combine the mix ingredients until creamy adjusting any amounts to your preference, taste then re season.
- Hand form in 1-inch balls.
- Roll formed balls into cheese, place on prepared baking pans.
- Cover pans with plastic wrap and refrigerate till chilled, about 2 hours.
These were very interesting, I scaled the recipe to half, even 3 eggs were probably more than we should have had for the two of us, a treat!!We choose as options, black olive, sweet gherkins, celery and didn't have any walnuts but had some peanuts i needed to use up. Served green grapes on the side. I did have a little trouble getting them to stay together, so I added a little more mayo and everything went well. Something different, thanks for sharing.