Recipe by Karen=^..^=
Yummy chocolate cookies that are to fun to cut out and decorate.
Top Review by Shar-on
This is a very tasty chocolate sugar cookie. I made 3 dozen heart shape cookies and decorated them with red icing. The dough was easy to handle if you follow the instructions to chill it for 1 - 2 hours. Since I wanted to ice this cookie,I didn't sprinkle my pastry cloth with sugar, but used just "a little" flour. I will use this recipe again. It's a great cookie with icing as well.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 7 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- additional sugar, for rolling and topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Cream butter with sugar on medium speed until light, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- Gradually add flour mixture and blend well.
- Gather dough into a ball and cover with foil or wrap.
- Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, until firm.
- Using half of dough at a time, roll out a 1/4 inch thick on sugar sprinkled counter or pastry cloth.
- Cut out cookies and then lift with spatula onto sheets, leaving about 1 1/2" between cookies.
- Sprinkle with sugar or sprinkles, if desired.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until cookies are firm and edges are just starting to brown.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.