Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Prosciutto, mushrooms and a creamy cheese filling make this one stand out.
Make and share this Rolled Chicken Breasts recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 4 green onions, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted...divided
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup dry sherry
- Pound chicken breasts to flatten.
- Mix salt, pepper and paprika; sprinkle on chicken.
- Mix Gruyere cheese with the next 5 ingredients.
- Saute shallots in 2 TBS butter 1 minute; add mushrooms, saute for 3 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove mushroom mixture from pan.
- Place 1 slice prosciutto on each chicken breast half.
- Spread Gruyere cheese mixture over the prosciutto.
- Fold the sides in and roll up; secure with toothpicks.
- Brown chicken in 3 TBS butter; place chicken in greased 8 inch square baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes; remove and keep warm.
- Add remaining 3 TBS butter to skillet; stir in flour until smooth.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute; slowly add sherry.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Add mushroom mixture; stir well.
- Pour over chicken, return to oven; bake another 10 minutes.
Another winner Inez. I spotted this recipe and knew that it was something we would have to try. I followed the recipe exactly. It was fantastic and oh so very rich. We ended up only eating 1/2 of a portion which was great as we had left overs and it heats up very well. Next time I will add a little more prosciutto as mine was very thin and got lost in the cheese mixture but otherwise it was supurb!
This was OH MY GOD SO GOOD! I did change the recipe a little Like crispy bacon crumbled instead of the prosciutto, and used white onions instead of shallots and the green onions.And used brandy for the sherry. Just because i didn`t have the ingredients. This is a keeper!YUMMY!!!!
Very nice recipe! I used other recommendations & did 1/2 of the filling & added more prosciutto. I should have known better & cut the salt back more cause prosciutto is quite salty. I still found there to be more stuffing than we prefer so I will adjust more next time. I didn't have gruyere so I used a swiss/havarti mixture. I have some sliced avocado so I added 1-2 oz (chopped fine) in the filling along with a couple slivers of jalapeno pepper. I also cut back considerably on the butter. This is a very rich & filling dish with excellent flavours, thanks for sharing.