Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
I had to figure out what to do with that romain so I ended up with this recipe modifed from Vegetarian Journal
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons finely diced almonds
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 6 -8 romaine leaves, stemmed
- The lettuce should be cleaned and chopped into bite-size pieces. Save 6 to 8 leaves, stem them by removing most of the hard cener core.
- Chill the chopped Romaine.
- Place dressing ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Toss Chilled lettuce with dressing and allow to chill for at least 30 minutes more.
- When ready to serve, place a small amount of salad on the end of each leaf and roll up.