1/2 Photos of Rolled Buttercream Icing
An alternative to Fondant Icing. Got this recipe from Cake Central. The source is anonymous
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1This recipe should be made with a heavy-duty mixer. The paddle, not the wire whip, should be used.
- 2Place the shortening and corn syrup in a mixing bowl and beat until creamy.
- 3Add flavorings and salt and beat until blended.
- 4Mix in powdered sugar, pouring it in the bowl over about a 30 second period, and blend thoroughly, approximately 30 seconds to one minute after the last bit of sugar is added.
- 5Turn incing onto your work surface and knead until smooth and well blended.
- 6Store icing in sealed plastic bag then place bag in airtight container let sit for about 30 minutes.
- 7Icing can be refigerated for several weeks or frozen for several months. Let icing come to room temperature before using.)
- 8To test for readiness: Pull the icing apart. If it stretches when pulled apart the icing is too soft*. When you are sure that icing is not too soft, gently stroke a portion of the icing with the palm of your hand. If all cracks and marks disappear and the surface appears shiny, it is ready to use. If the cracks do not disappear, the icing is too firm**.
- 9*If the icing is too soft and sticky and stretches when pulled apart, knead in additional powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time.
- 10**If the icing is too firm and cracks and marks will not disappear, knead in a few drops of water until the proper consistency is achieved.
- 11To color the ENTIRE batch of Icing: Mix the color with the shortening and corn syrup mixture BEFORE adding the powdered sugar.
- 12To color samll portions of Icing:Mix the color to the center of a ball of icing.
- 13Knead the color in until well blended. If the color softens the icing, knead in more powdered sugar.
- 14To cover a cake you use the same method as if using rolled fondant.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rolled Buttercream Icing
Serving Size: 1 (1362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5960.8
- Calories from Fat 1845
- Total Fat 205.0 g
- Saturated Fat 59.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1185.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1073.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 903.3 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: