Great on cakes of all kinds!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place shortening and corn syrup in mixing bowl, fitted with the paddle attachment and beat until creamy.
- 2Add flavorings and salt then, beat until blended.
- 3Mix in powdered sugar all at one time, switch to your dough hook attachment.
- 4Blend thoroughly, allowing the mixture to knead with the dough hook for approximately 5 to 7 minutes . The mixture will be very stiff.
- 5turn icing onto work surface and knead for a few more minutes until smooth and well blended.
- 6Store icing in sealed plastic bag then place bag in airtight container. Icing can be refrigerated for several weeks or frozen for several months.
- 7Let come to room temperature before using,
- 8For chocolate version: add 1/2 cup sifted cocoa powder, and decrease the powdered sugar to 6-1/2 to 7-1/2 cups.This will have a luscious Tootsie-Roll taste.
- 9This will cover a two layer 10-inch round cake that has been torted and filled or just the two cake layers with a single layer of filling.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rolled Buttercream
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1490.2
- Calories from Fat 463
- Total Fat 51.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 294.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 268.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 226.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: