Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great on cakes of all kinds!
Make and share this Rolled Buttercream recipe from Food.com.
- Place shortening and corn syrup in mixing bowl, fitted with the paddle attachment and beat until creamy.
- Add flavorings and salt then, beat until blended.
- Mix in powdered sugar all at one time, switch to your dough hook attachment.
- Blend thoroughly, allowing the mixture to knead with the dough hook for approximately 5 to 7 minutes . The mixture will be very stiff.
- turn icing onto work surface and knead for a few more minutes until smooth and well blended.
- Store icing in sealed plastic bag then place bag in airtight container. Icing can be refrigerated for several weeks or frozen for several months.
- Let come to room temperature before using,
- For chocolate version: add 1/2 cup sifted cocoa powder, and decrease the powdered sugar to 6-1/2 to 7-1/2 cups.This will have a luscious Tootsie-Roll taste.
- This will cover a two layer 10-inch round cake that has been torted and filled or just the two cake layers with a single layer of filling.