Recipe by LeahG
This is the best meatloaf ever! It's cheesy and warm and very tasty. My mom used to make this and we loved it!
Top Review by Memoreyp Penwell
I thought this was an excellent meatloaf. My husband really loved it as well. I did have trouble rolling it (it fell apart:( ) so I just mixed it all together and it was still a great, filling meal.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1⁄4 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 -2 broccoli florets (depends how much you like) or 1 -2 frozen broccoli, but you must defrost first
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook, steam broccoli, crumble up and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground beef, egg, soup mix and A1 sauce.
- On a large flat surface (bread board etc.) place the foil.
- Spread meatloaf mixture into a rectangle, about 1/2 inch thick.
- You want it as thin as possible because you are going to roll it like a jelly roll sprinkle broccoli then cheese over surface of meat.
- Roll up, starting at the small end of the loaf roll.
- It helps to roll with the foil under, it kinda holds it together as you roll.
- Pinch/close the small ends of the loaf.
- Bake about 1 hour.
- I like to pour more A1 over the top and right before pulling it out of the oven sprinkle a little more cheese on top.