Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the best meatloaf ever! It's cheesy and warm and very tasty. My mom used to make this and we loved it!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1⁄4 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 -2 broccoli florets (depends how much you like) or 1 -2 frozen broccoli, but you must defrost first
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook, steam broccoli, crumble up and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground beef, egg, soup mix and A1 sauce.
- On a large flat surface (bread board etc.) place the foil.
- Spread meatloaf mixture into a rectangle, about 1/2 inch thick.
- You want it as thin as possible because you are going to roll it like a jelly roll sprinkle broccoli then cheese over surface of meat.
- Roll up, starting at the small end of the loaf roll.
- It helps to roll with the foil under, it kinda holds it together as you roll.
- Pinch/close the small ends of the loaf.
- Bake about 1 hour.
- I like to pour more A1 over the top and right before pulling it out of the oven sprinkle a little more cheese on top.
I thought this was an excellent meatloaf. My husband really loved it as well. I did have trouble rolling it (it fell apart:( ) so I just mixed it all together and it was still a great, filling meal.
This is real easy but we found it needed more seasoning. We added some garlic & onion to the broccoli as well as adding crshed pork skins to the meat. (no bread)We'll definitely make it again & maybe try different stuffings.