Recipe by Bec
This very light, flaky biscuit is from "Cooking a la Heart"- Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes from the Mankato Heart Health Program, 1988.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour and baking powder.
- Add oil and stir with a fork until mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- Add skim milk and buttermilk and stir.
- Knead gently on a floured board 6 to 8 times.
- Roll out to 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut biscuits in 2 inch rounds.
- Bake biscuits on ungreased baking sheet at 450 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve hot with honey.