LoriLee in TX's Note:
One of my earliest memories is of my mother making biscuits and gravy for breakfast. All the kids would stand around while Mom cut the biscuits hoping for a little scrap of dough to play with. We weren't disappointed! Before baking them, Mom would melt bacon grease in the skillet and dip the biscuit top in the grease before turning the bisuit over and placing it in the skillet. Makes a really good old-fashioned biscuit! I think Mom must have doubled her recipe to feed all of us.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450. Oven should be HOT when biscuits go in!
- 2Sift dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- 3Add butter to the flour mixture and cut in until mixture looks like coarse cornmeal.
- 4Stir in the milk just until mixture begins to form dough ball. Don't over stir. Lightly knead together.
- 5On floured surface, pat or roll out into desired thickness. Cut with biscuit cutter.
- 6Place in ungreased cast iron skillet or on bakig sheet.
- 7Bake in hot oven for 10-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rolled Baking Powder Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.3
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 44.5 mg
- Sodium 688.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 7.3 g