Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
An elegantly simple bite. From the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 6 slices bread
- 6 capers
- 6 anchovy fillets, well-drained and rolled
- butter (no substitutions)
- pimiento (optional)
- Cut bread into attractive shapes and toast.
- Spread with butter and place an anchovy on each piece.
- On top of each, place a caper flower (made by opening out the petals of each caper with a sharp knife).
- Cut a tiny piece of pimiento and place in center of the caper flower.