Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I used this recipe for Christmas this year and it was a good basic recipe. I really liked the hint of nutmeg in these. I will use these every year for decorating cookies. We added frosting to some and non-perils to the other half, both were good.
- 1 1⁄4 cups soft butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat util fluffy.
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Add to egg mixture alternately with the milk.
- If dough is too sticky, add flour to handle.
- Roll 1/4 inch thick on well floured pastry cloth.
- Cut and place boke-on decorations on cookies.
- Bake on ungreased baking sheet in moderate oven at 375 for 8 minutes.
- If frosting cookies, allow to cool then frost.
According to my DH and DD these are excellent sugar cookies. I didn't try them because of my wheat allergy so I can't vouch for what they said except that they are almost gone (DD only made half of the batch). DD said the dough was very easy to work with and she is most definitely going to make them again. Thanks for posting this recipe mommyoffour! Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.