My mom and I always make these cookies around Christmas time..but they are a fun thing to do any time of the year We call the milk mixture sour cream. I usually make this right before I start. I put the evaporated milk in a liquid measuring cup and add the vinigar and set it aside until I need it. Also- don't work the dough too much or it may become 'tough'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt in large bowl; mix.
- 2Beat shortening, sugar, egg, vanilla in separate bowl until well blended; add milk mixture; Add flour mixture; Blend.
- 3Chill dough for 25-45 minutes or until workable.
- 4Cover counter top with a dusting of flour.
- 5Roll dough to a 1/4 inch thick and cut out with selected cookie cutters.
- 6Place on baking sheet and decorate with colored sugars.
- 7Bake at 375ºF for 10-12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roll-Out Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (903 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1707.3
- Calories from Fat 544
- Total Fat 60.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 124.0 mg
- Sodium 1316.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 261.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 100.9 g
- Protein 28.4 g