This is the easiest basic sugar cookie dough to make and work with. I think it came with a Wilton Cakes cookie cutter I bought. No refrigeration required, just make, cut out, and bake. Prep time includes time to cut out cookies, so it might be more or less for you. Cooking time is based on how many cookie sheets we use at our house. I also have pre-made these cookies and cut them out and then frozen them to be baked at a later date.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2In mixer bowl, cream butter with sugar until light & fluffy.
- 3Beat in egg & extracts.
- 4In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, & salt.
- 5Add flour mixture to butter mixture 1 cup at a time, mixing after each addition.
- 6Do not chill dough.
- 7Divide dough into two balls.
- 8On a floured surface, roll each ball into a 12-inch circle about 1/8-inch thick.
- 9I actually roll the dough a little thicker than 1/8-inch, but we like thicker cookies.
- 10Dip cookie cutter in flour before cutting cookies.
- 11Bake on ungreased sheet 6-7 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roll-Out Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (944 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.2
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 14.5 mg
- Sodium 92.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 0.9 g