Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
I bake these cookies during my summer cooking class.
Make and share this Roll-Out Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven at 300°F.
- Sift dry ingredients 3x. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar with the electric mixer.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients one cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. The dough would be very stiff; blend last four by hand. Don't chill the dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 balls.
- On a floured surface, roll each ball in a circle approximately 12" in diameter and 1/8" thick.
- Dip the cookie cutters in flour before use.
- Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet on top of the rack of the oven for 6 to 7 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.