My favorite cookie recipe to use with cookie cutters.There is no need to chill the dough so it is fast.
- Pre heat oven to 400F degrees.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with electric mixer.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Mix flour and baking powder.
- Add 1 cup at a time,combining after each addition.
- You will need to add last 3/4 cup by hand.
- Do not chill dough it will be stiff.
- Divide dough into 2 balls.
- On floured surface roll out to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Use any cookie cutter and cut away.
- Bake for 6-10 minutes or until light brown.