Recipe by crawfish pie
My favorite cookie recipe to use with cookie cutters.There is no need to chill the dough so it is fast.
Top Review by Caryn
Wonderful, luscious, buttery cookies! I normally avoid making roll-out cookies because they are time-consuming. This recipe was extremely easy to put together (I have a stand-up mixer and didn't even have to add the flour by hand), and as stated in the recipe, there is absolutely no chilling necessary. The dough was easy to roll-out, and the dough did not stick to my metal cookie cutter. I was able to make 24 - 26 pumpkin cookies (Wilton pumpkin cookie cutter). Make sure you don't roll your dough any thinner than 1/8-inch or they will be very thin. I recommend using a hot cookie sheet with your very first batch of cookies - I started with a cold cookie sheet and my first batch was much flatter than the rest of my batches (and not as pretty). Frosted these wonderful cookies with [recipe=19649]Cookie Frosting[/recipe]. Thanks for a great recipe!
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 400F degrees.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with electric mixer.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Mix flour and baking powder.
- Add 1 cup at a time,combining after each addition.
- You will need to add last 3/4 cup by hand.
- Do not chill dough it will be stiff.
- Divide dough into 2 balls.
- On floured surface roll out to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Use any cookie cutter and cut away.
- Bake for 6-10 minutes or until light brown.