Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
This is a hearty meat sauce that is perfect with your favorite pasta. Make some for now and freeze some for later!
- 1 lb italian sweet sausage links, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (35 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- In a 5-quart saucepan, brown sausage in oil; push sausage to one side and add beef. Crumble beef with a fork until it loses is red color. Stir in onion, garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, and basil; simmer for 2 hours; add salt and pepper.
This is a great recipe for company, had a couple old classmates stop in town for the weekend, and decided on a pasta/steak dinner for the 6 of us. As for this, WOW, made this as posted, served over spaghetti. Very very flavorful, I did add a dash of parsley to this. Cooking time on the dot, and I did stir this while simmering every 10-15 minutes or so. Worked out real well, and plenty of leftovers for future use. :). Made for PRMR tag.