This dough also works to make 4 dozen roggebroodjes (rolls) when shaped into balls and placed on a greased baking sheet. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with poppy seeds; bake for 20 minutes. From the Michigan Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
large l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soften yeast in water.
- 2Add milk, butter, salt, sugar and flours.
- 3Knead until smooth and elastic.
- 4Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in bulk.
- 5Punch down, shape into loaves and place in greased bread pans; let rise again until doubled.
- 6While dough is raising, preheat oven to 375°F.
- 7Bake for 20 minutes, reduce heat to 350F and continue baking for an additional 40 minutes.
- 8Turn out onto cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roggebrood - Rye Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1492 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1481.5
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 47.6 mg
- Sodium 1321.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 288.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 40.4 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 38.4 g