Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Roger Mooking of Food Network.
- 354.88 ml quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1 bunch green onion, whites smashed and finely sliced, green tops chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 4.92 ml ginger, minced
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 English cucumber, halved and diced
- 1 bunch mint, picked and roughly chopped
- In a small bowl, place whites of green onion, lemon juice, zest, ginger, oil and salt; stir to incorporate.
- In a large bowl, place quinoa, cucumber and chopped green onion tops.
- Add white onion mixture to quinoa mixture, gently toss.
- Add mint, gently toss and season with salt.
Something a little out of the ordinary with this recipe. Quick to whip up and makes quite a large quantity. Seemed a little bit light on taste to me but maybe I didn't have enough salt added to the quinoa when it was cooking. I used white quinoa as that was what I had in the pantry. Made for Aussie / Kiwi Swap March 2012
I made this recently but without the mint as I didn't have any on hand. I will use it next time. I used some canola oil in the dressing and a bit more ginger. Great recipt, friends loved it too, thanks for posting.
This was fresh tasting and DD (toddler) loved it too! I used white quinoa, freshly squeezed lemon juice, unrefined extra virgin olive oil and sea salt. I would make this again.