Recipe by Boomette
From Roger Mooking of Food Network.
Top Review by Kiwi Kathy
Something a little out of the ordinary with this recipe. Quick to whip up and makes quite a large quantity. Seemed a little bit light on taste to me but maybe I didn't have enough salt added to the quinoa when it was cooking. I used white quinoa as that was what I had in the pantry. Made for Aussie / Kiwi Swap March 2012
- 1 1⁄2 cups quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1⁄2 bunch green onion, whites smashed and finely sliced, green tops chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, halved and diced
- 1⁄2 bunch mint, picked and roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, place whites of green onion, lemon juice, zest, ginger, oil and salt; stir to incorporate.
- In a large bowl, place quinoa, cucumber and chopped green onion tops.
- Add white onion mixture to quinoa mixture, gently toss.
- Add mint, gently toss and season with salt.