Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
There are a few words that decribe alot of Rogene's recipes ... yummie and tasty.
- 6 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and grated
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Cook potatoes till tender, peel and grate. Heat the butter with soup and chicken stock; blend in sour cream, onion, and most of the cheese. Mix with the potatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spread into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix the bread crumbs with the melted butter and then place on top of the potatoe mixture.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 45 min at 350 degrees or until bubbly.
I scaled this back for two and we enjoyed it earlier in the week, before our record-breaking heatwave of the last three days. This recipe would team well with any meat dish. I used low-fat sour cream and unsalted butter. I also added some roesmary, sage and thyme to the potatoes towards the end of step one. Thanks for sharing. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.