Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
There is always some kind of treat of Rogene's house. Everyone loves these. We always switch up the sugar colors depending on holidays.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Mix shortening, butter, sugar and eggs thoroughly.
- Add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Shape in 1 inch balls.
- Roll into a mixture of 2 tbsp sugar and cinnamon.
- Place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees.
A really simple and quick cookie recipe.Tastes pretty good too,and the children are doing a good job of making them disappear. I think that next time I might try it using the sugar mix from recipe #352049#352049. Thanks for sharing Hill Family...made for Newewst ZaarTag.