Recipe by Hill Family
You can use butter pecan, chocolate or lemon pudding for this great dessert.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
I served this at our Super Bowl party, and there were mixed reviews, all regarding the crust. The flour, margarine and walnuts ended up having a somewhat predominant toasted walnut flavoring to the rest of the layers. Everything else was spot on, although I did not use coconut. I used chocolate pudding mix. I think I will make this again, but will probably use a graham cracker crust. Thanks for sharing this. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages chocolate pudding mix or 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages lemon pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- shredded coconut (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, butter and walnuts until mealy and spread in bottom of a 13 x 9 pan.
- Bake for 25 min for 375*. Cool.
- Cream powdered sugar and cream cheese. If it is too stiff add a few drops of milk.
- Spread over the crust, then spread half of the cool whip.
- Beat the pudding mix in the milk until thick and spread over cool whip and top it off with the rest of the cool whip.
- Sprinkle the top with shredded coconut (if desired).
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.