Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great spring and sumnmer cake - very refreshing!!
- 18 1⁄4 ounces lemon cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 ounces lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 (3 1/4 ounce) package Dream Whip
- 3 ounces instant lemon pudding
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- Beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs in a large bowl on low for 30 seconds and then on high for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased 9x13 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for 33-38 minutes.
- Dissolve lime jello in boiling water and cold water, set aside at room temperature.
- Once the cake is done let it cool for 25 minutes. Poke holes thru the top of the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon. Pour lime jello over the cake. Refrigerate cake while preparing topping.
- Mix together the lemon pudding, dream whip and milk. Beat till stiff 3-8 minutes.
- Immediately frost the cake. Store the cake in the fridge and serve chilled.
This is a WONDERFUL summer cake. I made it for a potluck and everyone raved about it. I made mine in a glass 13x9 which baked for 30 minutes. This was pretty simple to make. It wasn't my favorite because I don't care for artificial flavors but since everyone else loved it soooo much and wanted the recipe I'm giving it 5 stars. I made it for them anyways.