Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is some of the best soup out there--it should be canned and sold.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 236.59 ml onion, diced
- 236.59 ml celery, diced
- 236.59 ml carrot, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 453.59 g can cajun-style stewed tomatoes
- 24.64 ml beef bouillon granules
- 14.79 ml dried parsley
- 4.92 ml seasoning salt
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 2.46 ml sweet basil
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 425.24 g can tomato sauce
- 425.24 g can kidney beans, undrained
- 473.18 ml water
- 236.59 ml beef broth
- 473.18 ml shredded cabbage
- 158.51 ml small elbow macaroni
- monterey jack cheese, grated
- Brown beef in large heavy kettle; drain.
- Add all ingredients except cabbage and macaroni.
- Bring to boil.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer 20 minute add cabbage and macaroni; bring to a boil and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with grated jack cheese before eating.
This was really tasty and filling! At first, I was going to use Italian-style stewed tomatoes instead of Cajun and mozzarella instead of Monterey Jack, because both ingredients didn't sound Italian to me. However, I decided to stick to the plan. I don't care what kind of vegetable soup you call it, it is delicious! As a matter of fact, I couldn't find Cajun-style stewed tomatoes anywhere, so I just used regular stewed tomatoes and 1 t. of Cajun spice mixture. I will be making this soup again! Thanks for posting, Hill Family. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.