Recipe by Hill Family
This is some of the best soup out there--it should be canned and sold.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This was really tasty and filling! At first, I was going to use Italian-style stewed tomatoes instead of Cajun and mozzarella instead of Monterey Jack, because both ingredients didn't sound Italian to me. However, I decided to stick to the plan. I don't care what kind of vegetable soup you call it, it is delicious! As a matter of fact, I couldn't find Cajun-style stewed tomatoes anywhere, so I just used regular stewed tomatoes and 1 t. of Cajun spice mixture. I will be making this soup again! Thanks for posting, Hill Family. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can cajun-style stewed tomatoes
- 5 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2⁄3 cup small elbow macaroni
- monterey jack cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef in large heavy kettle; drain.
- Add all ingredients except cabbage and macaroni.
- Bring to boil.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer 20 minute add cabbage and macaroni; bring to a boil and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with grated jack cheese before eating.