Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is served with the Italian Soups we have posted, well actually these are just plain served alot.
- Cut french bread into 1" slices. Slice open the chili pods and removed any seeds, lay flat.
- Spread mayo on bread. Lay 1 chili flat on the bread (cut the chili so that it doesn't go over the edge of the bread).
- Place a slice of montery jack cheese on top of all this.
- Place slices on a cookie sheet. Bake under broiler in oven until the cheese melts.
- **Pick a can of chilis that when you shake it you can hear things sloshing around - better chilis.
This bread is awesome, and so quick and easy to prepare. I added the chilis to about half of my bread slices (for the non-chili lovers in my family). The slices made without the chilis were delicious as well, with just the mayo and cheese. Great recipe, thanks for posting!