Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another tasty snack by Genie!!
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels (48)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal, squares bite-size
- 2 cups pecan halves (or favorite nut)
- Heat oven to 300 degress.
- Melt caramels with water in 2-3 quart saucepan on low heat, stirring frequently until smooth.
- Add cereal and pecans; mix lightly until well coated. Spread into greased 15x10 pan.
- Bake 25 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes. Turn out onto greased wax paper. Cool thoroughly, then break apart.
- Microwave tip - microwave caramels and water in large bowl on high for 2-3 minutes or until smooth, stirring until smooth.
- Variation: Add 1/2 cup semi-sweet real chocolate chips to cooled mixture, mix lightly.
Very good and very easy to make. I followed the recipe exactly as written. I loved this and couldn't stop eating it.