This recipe is better the longer it cooks and great for leftovers, but it does absorb a lot of juices and becomes thick. Simply add more broth and adjust the seasonings if you like
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 453.59 g stew meat, cut into bite sized pieces
- 236.59 ml diced carrot
- 118.29 ml celery, sliced
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml Italian spices
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 946.36 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml small shell pasta
- 118.29 ml white corn
- parmesan cheese
- In a 5 qt dutch oven over medium heat, melt butter.
- Saute onion and beef, cooking until onions are soft and the meat is brown.
- Add carrots, potatoes, celery, salt, pepper, Italian seasonings, garlic powder and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil; cover reduce heat and simmer about 2 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Add pasta and corn; cook 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired.