Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was enjoyed by all the family on Christmas Eve. because we all have a sweet tooth, and this is sweet! Just like the person posting it (in case you are all wondering that would be me Gretchen!)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 4 cups cold milk
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- In a bowl, combine the flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in the pecans. Press into a greased 13x9x2 in baking dish. Bake at 325 deg for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Fold in 1 cup whipped topping and spread over the crust.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes; let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Spread over cream chsse mixture. Top with remaining whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate overnight.
Great recipe! This is much easier than making a coconut cream pie. I would not change a thing and recommend this dessert to any coconut lover!!!!
This is delicious, tastes just like coconut cream pie. Lasts for several days in the fridge without breaking down, the crust did not get soggy as it does with pie.
This is so good. I made this yesterday and let set in the refrigerator overnight. The crust is perfect. I only had 2 boxes of pudding mix so I used that and 3 cups of skim milk. It worked wonderfully. I put the coconut in the oven at 350 for 3-4 minutes to toast it for the topping. This may be better than coconut cream pie. If you like coconut, you've got to try this recipe. This one is a keeper.