Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are to die for.
- 2 2⁄3 cups flaked coconut, firmly packed
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 4 egg whites, unbeaten
- 1 cup almonds, sliced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine all ingredients except chocolate.
- Form balls and place 2" apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 20-25 minutes. Remove and place on waxed paper to cool.
- Melt chocolate in heavy pan. Dip edge of cookies in chocolate - it will set when cooled.
A hit! Loved them like angle food heaven with chocolate... strong coffee and a cold glass of whole milk!! YUM! Easy and quick to make the afternoon delightful. This is a keeper - great anytime of the year!
These are easy and wonderful!!!
Absolutely divine! I WILL be making these for the holidays!!