Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
Rogan Josh is my absolute FAVORITE Indian dish!! This is a twist on the lovely recipe. I found this at cookingclub.com. The meatballs can be made up to 2 days in advance - just cover and refrigerate.
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine lamb, cilantro, 2 teaspoons of ginger, cumin, salt, cinnamon, black pepper and 3 of the garlic cloves; mix until well blended.
- Shape into meatballs, about 36 - 1" meatballs.
- Heat oil in a deep, large skillet or nonreactive Dutch oven over medium high heat until hot. Cook meatballs in batches until browned. Place meatballs on a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and in the same skillet, combine remaining 2 teaspoons ginger and 2 cloves of garlic, cardomom and ground red pepper.
- Cook stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Return meatballs to skillet; add tomatoes and water.
- Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for 20-30 min or until meatballs are no longer pink in center and sauce is thickened. Serve warm.