Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
from cooking light, this is so tasty and easy to prepare. i made this for dinner with shrimp vindaloo, served with basmati rice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless leg of lamb, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup less-sodium beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add lamb; seal and shake to coat. Refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add lamb mixture; cook 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Add broth, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour. Increase heat to medium-high; partially cover and cook 1 hour or until lamb is tender.
- Uncover and cook 5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat; stir in yogurt and cilantro, serve over basmati rice.