1/1 Photo of Roesti Swiss Hashbrowns
posted for ZW7 -adapted from the internet
My Private Note
- 1Grate Potatoes using a hand grater.
- 2Melt 3 Tb butter over medium heat, in an 8" non-stick saute pan, then add grated potatoes. Sprinkle with salt.
- 3Stir potatoes to coat evenly with butter. Pat the potatoes into a cake about 1" thick. Let cook for 10 minutes. Cover and cook for another 5-10 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown.
- 4Place a plate over the top of the pan and invert the pancake. Add 1 Tb butter and put the pancake ( uncooked side down) in the pan.
- 5Cook for 15 minutes, pressing down once or twice to get more of a pancake. Cover and cook for 5 more minutes or until the bottom is golden brown.
- 6slide pancake onto plate and cut into wedges. Sprinkle with more salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roesti Swiss Hashbrowns
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.8
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 114.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 4.4 g