Recipe by petlover
posted for ZW7 -adapted from the internet
Top Review by **Jubes**
Reviewed ofr ZWT7 visit to Switzerland- a good basic recipe for rosti, though the size of the roesti made it very difficult to flip over. The putside was crisp but inside was still very soft.You really need to flip this rosti out of the pan and then flip it again onto another plate, before you can return it to the frypan. I think a smaller size or the addition of some flour would have made it easier. My kuds enjoyed the rosti. Photo also being posted
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate Potatoes using a hand grater.
- Melt 3 Tb butter over medium heat, in an 8" non-stick saute pan, then add grated potatoes. Sprinkle with salt.
- Stir potatoes to coat evenly with butter. Pat the potatoes into a cake about 1" thick. Let cook for 10 minutes. Cover and cook for another 5-10 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown.
- Place a plate over the top of the pan and invert the pancake. Add 1 Tb butter and put the pancake ( uncooked side down) in the pan.
- Cook for 15 minutes, pressing down once or twice to get more of a pancake. Cover and cook for 5 more minutes or until the bottom is golden brown.
- slide pancake onto plate and cut into wedges. Sprinkle with more salt and pepper to taste.