Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is based on the chili I had as a kid, but changed a few of the ingredients.
Make and share this Rod's Slow Cooker Chili Concoction recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) canchili style beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb lean ground venison
- 2 cups medium salsa
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 24 ounces tomato juice (may not need all of it)
- Brown ground beef and ground venison until cooked through. Add cooked meat to slow cooker.
- Brown onion in skillet. Add to slow cooker.
- Rinse all beans except chili style beans and add to slow cooker. Add chili-style beans, salsa, and stewed tomatoes.
- Add just enough tomato juice until all ingredients are almost covered.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.