Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
One of my high school teachers gave this to me; I believe she said this was her mom's recipe. Been making this since my teens - so easy and always delicious! This coffee cake begins in a COLD oven, not preheated!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup nuts
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- DO NOT PREHEAT YOUR OVEN!
- Cream together butter, eggs and white sugar.
- Add sour cream, vanilla, flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Pour batter in greased Bundt pan.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle on top of cake.
- I believe I used to (years ago) put half the batter in the pan, sprinkle half the topping, top with remaining batter, then remainder of topping; using a fork handle, I would then poke the top of the cake to push more topping through cake.
- Bake 1 hour at 350°F; REMEMBER, this goes into a COLD oven.