Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
One of my high school teachers gave this to me; I believe she said this was her mom's recipe. Been making this since my teens - so easy and always delicious! This coffee cake begins in a COLD oven, not preheated!
- DO NOT PREHEAT YOUR OVEN!
- Cream together butter, eggs and white sugar.
- Add sour cream, vanilla, flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Pour batter in greased Bundt pan.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle on top of cake.
- I believe I used to (years ago) put half the batter in the pan, sprinkle half the topping, top with remaining batter, then remainder of topping; using a fork handle, I would then poke the top of the cake to push more topping through cake.
- Bake 1 hour at 350°F; REMEMBER, this goes into a COLD oven.