1/3 Photos of Rode Kool (Red Cabbage) Dutch recipe
One of the side dishes I remember from my childhood growing up in Holland.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut and shred cabbage.
- 2Cook in a small amount of boiling water with salt, cloves and pepper for about 45 minutes.
- 3Don't let it boil dry, but don't add too much water.
- 4During the last 10 minutes of cooking time add the vinegar.
- 5Just before serving add the butter and seasoning.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rode Kool (Red Cabbage) Dutch recipe
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.8
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 664.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 3.0 g