Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Presented By: Missy Kennedy
- olive oil
- 2 medium chopped onions
- 9 -10 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 (8 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 3 (4 ounce) cans tomato puree
- 2 large bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- cracked pepper
- Cover bottom of large stockpot with olive oil.
- Add the onions and saute till onions are almost clear.
- Add garlic and continue to simmer on low 5-10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and tomato puree, top off with all seasonings and sugar.
- Let simmer on low and stir occasionally.
- Use for spaghetti, lasagna and pizza sauce.
- Freezes very well in ziplock bags or plastic containers.
This is awesome sauce, tastes just like Rocky's. Glad this was posted!