Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great summer pie!
- 2 quarts chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 1 (9 ounce) package chocolate wafer cookies, broken into pieces
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Milk Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces imported milk chocolate, chopped (I like Lindt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Butter a 9-inch pan.
- Finely grind chocolate wafer cookies in processor.
- Add melted butter and process until crumb mixture. Press firmly onto bottom and 1-inch up side of pan.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely.
- Bring cream just to simmer in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Add milk chocolate and let stand for 1 minute.
- Whisk until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Whisk in vanilla.
- Let stand at room temperature until sauce cools and thickens slightly for about 20 minutes.
- Combine marshmallows and cream in large metal bowl.
- Set bowl over saucepan and barely simmering water.
- Stir until marshmallows melt and mixture is smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Remove bowl from over water and stir in vanilla.
- Let stand until slightly cooled but still pourable, about 10 minutes.
- Spread 1-quart ice cream evenly in cooled crust.
- Drop half of milk chocolate sauce by tablespoonfuls over ice cream, spacing apart.
- Sprinkle half of walnuts over sauce.
- Drizzle half of marshmallow sauce over walnuts.
- Freeze until sauces are set, about 10 minutes.
- Spread 1 quart ice cream evenly in crust.
- Drop remaining milk chocolate sauce by tablespoonfuls over ice cream.
- Drizzle remaining marshmallow sauce over, allowing some chocolate sauce to show through.
- Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- Freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- Can be made up to 5 days ahead. Cover tightly with foil.
- Cut around pan sides to loosen.
- Let pie soften slightly at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Remove pan sides.
I made this for my roommate's birthday (after he told me his all time favorite flavor was rocky road, nothing easy like vanilla or chocolate!) and it was gone in I swear about five minutes. Thanks!