Ashley U's Note:
Great summer pie!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 ounce) package chocolate wafer cookies, broken into pieces
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Milk Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces imported milk chocolate, chopped (I like Lindt)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2Butter a 9-inch pan.
- 3Finely grind chocolate wafer cookies in processor.
- 4Add melted butter and process until crumb mixture. Press firmly onto bottom and 1-inch up side of pan.
- 5Bake crust for 10 minutes or until set.
- 6Cool completely.
- 7Bring cream just to simmer in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 8Remove from heat.
- 9Add milk chocolate and let stand for 1 minute.
- 10Whisk until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- 11Whisk in vanilla.
- 12Let stand at room temperature until sauce cools and thickens slightly for about 20 minutes.
- 13Combine marshmallows and cream in large metal bowl.
- 14Set bowl over saucepan and barely simmering water.
- 15Stir until marshmallows melt and mixture is smooth, about 3 minutes.
- 16Remove bowl from over water and stir in vanilla.
- 17Let stand until slightly cooled but still pourable, about 10 minutes.
- 18Spread 1-quart ice cream evenly in cooled crust.
- 19Drop half of milk chocolate sauce by tablespoonfuls over ice cream, spacing apart.
- 20Sprinkle half of walnuts over sauce.
- 21Drizzle half of marshmallow sauce over walnuts.
- 22Freeze until sauces are set, about 10 minutes.
- 23Spread 1 quart ice cream evenly in crust.
- 24Drop remaining milk chocolate sauce by tablespoonfuls over ice cream.
- 25Drizzle remaining marshmallow sauce over, allowing some chocolate sauce to show through.
- 26Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- 27Freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- 28Can be made up to 5 days ahead. Cover tightly with foil.
- 29Cut around pan sides to loosen.
- 30Let pie soften slightly at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- 31Remove pan sides.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rocky Road Sundae Pie
Serving Size: 1 (2185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 620.8
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 227.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 48.3 g
- Protein 8.4 g