These yummy bars start with a brownie mix.
Make and share this Rocky Road Squares recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions, but substitute evaporated milk for water.
- Spread into greased 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Bake according to package direction; do not overbake.
- Remove form oven and top with marshmallow, walnuts and chips.
- Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until topping is warmed and beginning to melt.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
Sublime! I used about 3 cups marshmallows, 2 cups didn't cover the whole top. Didn't change anything else. These are VERY good. Ooehy, gooey, so easy to make. These will be a repeat! Thanks for sharing!
This was so easy. I made this as gift. I could not get all of the brownies in the prepared box so I was able to sample. It made a wonderful presentation. I used Giradelli brownie mix, which was only 20 oz and only called for 1/3 cup water so I used 1/3 cup evaporated milk instead, When I mixed the brownies, they seemed a little dry so I add a "touch" more evaporated milk. They were moist and very fudgie. This was very nice way to boost a box mix and make it spectacular. The topping is made of things that I keep in my pantry so that is a plus as well. Thank you for posting and sharing.
Chocoholic's heaven! I needed one more dessert to offer on my Christmas Eve buffet and had to make it quick. This fit the bill perfectly! I used a low-fat brownie mix (gotta save some calories somewhere!) and subbed out the walnuts for lightly crushed peanuts since my DD doesn't like walnuts. We all enjoyed this ooey, gooey, chewy brownie. Thanks for posting this!