Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
New twist on the Rocky road. These bars are made with cereal added to the mix. Recipe from Pillsbury classic cookbooks Aug 2003. Time includes cooling time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all base ingredients except marshmallows and chocolate chips; beat at low speed until crumbly. Press mixture firmly in bottom of ungreased 13x9 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove partially baked base from oven. Immediately sprinkle with marshmallows and 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Return to oven; bake an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until marshmallows just begin to puff. Remove from oven; cool while preparing topping.
- In a large sauce pan, combine all topping ingredients except cereal and peanuts. Cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until margarine and chocolate chips are melted, stirring constantly. Stir in cereal and peanuts. Immediately spoon warm topping evenly over baked base; spread gently to cover. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Cut into bars.